Next year, the constituents of Minnesota will be voting on an item which could have national consequences. John Piper has posted some thoughts on the Minnesota Marriage Amendment.
To those who sit under a faithful pastor who preaches from every part of the Word, these points will not be new ideas, but they are worth repeating anyway:
1) There is no such thing as so-called "gay marriage".
2) Same-sex sexual relations are sin.
3) Not all sins should be proscribed by human law, but some should be.
4) The legal significance of marriage makes a statutory definition necessary.
5) It is wise that our laws define marriage as between a man and a woman.