04 July 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Yes, your eyes were fooling you for the past few days. I really did post this on the 4th. Heh heh.
Well Happy Independence Day to all of my fellow Americans... it's one of the best days of the year, in my opinion, simply on the merit of fireworks, not to mention the historical significance. I lllooovvee fireworks, as you will see in a minute. But first let me introduce you to the Cactus Cuties, a Texas-based vocal group of 5 little ladies (get your Texan accent on there, y'all) ranging in age from 13 to 8: Baylee Barrett (13), Andi Kitten (11), Tatum Lowe (11), Blaire Elbert (10), and Madeline Powell (8). They are A-May-Zing. Their rendition of the Star Spangled Banner almost made me cry. Check 'em out.




And now some of Boise's fireworks, taken with the "fireworks" setting on my camera. Bet you're surprised I knew the camera had the capability and that I had the I've-got-the-instruction-manual-memorized knowledge to get it to do that. And you would be right. I'm lucky if the shutter opens, most the time. Functional camera or not, I had a great evening with Meredith and her co-worker Jan, and Jan's family.
Let's get patriotic!
"Red, white & blue"

"Christmas in July"

"Shizzl'in"

"Sea Anemone"

"Palm Tree"

No comments: