14 February 2008

Valentine's Day

A hectic week at work made me extra thankful for these things...

An uber-sweet valentine from my Mom! She is pretty much the most creative person I know. The square card on the left is actually a large circle of cardstock-weight scrapbooking paper, folded so all the edges meet in the middle. The box on the right has a very cute Valentine's paperclip. I will be using it just as soon as I can get it unstuck from the box. What kind of glue did you use on there Mom? Maybe I'm not supposed to take it off...


Look at this cute pincushion! This will come in very handy when I start sewing. Which I know I've been saying I would do for the past year, but people you know what my apartment looks like. I'll set up the sewing machine once I move upstairs, ok? :-) I love little personalized things like this.

Tonight for dinner I made a teriyaki stir fry, which is apparently not the traditional way of doing teriyaki. I used Quon Yick noodles, famous in LA, and Soy Vay brand teriyaki sauce... I think the story behind Soy Vay is funny--a Jewish guy and a Chinese lady met as co-workers at Humboldt State University and started producing sauces together because everybody at their company potlucks liked her recipes so much. I've never tried Quon Yick before, but the noodles were really good; a bit firmer than a typical skinny noodle, which held up well to the stir fry.

3 comments:

theotherone said...

Exquisite Baker - Gourmet Cook - Marie - you keep advertising like this and you just might land yourself a new job

Ri said...

That's the goal!

Good to see you in the blogospere, Leitha! :-)

Ri said...

uhh... that would be "blogosphere". so much for my spelling awards.