Ok, I promised, or sort of promised, that I would post my New Year's resolutions. It's not exactly January 1st still, but they still apply right? And considering the likelihood of me reaching these goals based on the fact that most people give up on their resolutions by mid-February and I'm just starting them, it's looking pretty good for me.
In somewhat of an order:
1) Grow in godliness. This includes learning to pray in a more specific way, reading through and studying the 3 Forms of Unity (Heidelberg Catechism, Belgic Confession, and Canons of Dordt) and the Westminster Catechism, and reading the whole Bible this year.
2) Play through and become more familiar with the Psalter Hymnal. This item, along with my typical piano practice for congregational accompaniment, will be especially challenging since my piano is going into storage and I'll have to drive to church/BSU/etc. for access to the ivories.
3) Join a choir. Already accomplished! Woo-hoo! *ahem-cough* Tra-la-la....!
4) Have someone over once a month. Not just someone stopping by for half an hour before we head out the door, but bona fide dinner and/or dessert, and an evening of great conversation and fellowship. This might have to wait until May, when I move upstairs and I will have an official dining room area. Whether I have a table by then is still up for debate. Maybe another goal should be learning how to refinish old thrift-store furniture...
5) Run a 5K. This definitely won't happen until later in the year because of an upcoming foot surgery, but it will be done. "Do or do not, there is no try." ~Yoda. :-)
6) Put more time into creative pursuits, such as singing, drawing/painting, writing & reading, sewing, cooking for others. I would like to blog at least twice a week, and reading one book per month would be an ideal minimum.
8) Continue supporting the church through piano accompaniment, Sunday School assistance (through May 08), nursery help, refreshments, and Bible study participation. These aren't new goals, but they are things I already devote time to and I want to see them continue.
9) Pay off my credit card (April 08) and the smaller of my two student loans (June 08). Save up so I can visit family and friends in a financially comfortable way.
10) Buy or make new towels. Yes this is a silly goal to have on a list that's supposed to last all year. But you haven't seen my towels. They are about 10 years old. Which means I have been meaning to replace them for about the last 4 or 5 years. This is the year! Carpe Towel!