01 March 2008

Market Limone

My phone doesn't take great pictures. Obviously. But this is for illustrative purposes anyway. :-)
This is the flour section at Market Limone in Nampa, which is a very large (3 stories!) European shop carrying mostly organic and locally-made products. There had to be at least twenty different varieties of flour--wheat, spelt, barley, corn, you name it. I picked up the following:
Potato Bread (from Le Cafe De Paris in downtown Boise. Note about the bread: there were very few ingredients: roasted Idaho potato, supreme high gluten flour, fresh yeast, salt, and water.)
Herb-Dijon Mustard with Chardonnay (from Napa Valley)
Pure Maple Syrup (from Shady Maple Farms in Quebec)
Cashew Roll (from Dillon's Gourmet in Georgia)
Hummus (from Market Limone's kitchens)
Vanilla latte (Market Limone)
So granted, only 50% of my purchase was made locally, but I have to say I was impressed with the number of products made in Boise and the Treasure Valley. The whole place seemed sort of... empty... but I think that might be because the harvest hasn't started up yet. I'm looking forward to seeing fresh fruit and vegetables.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I followed the link from Lisa's site....

We just went to Market Limone on Friday, thanks to your link. :) It was packed full of stuff, so maybe 2 weeks makes a big difference.

Our big purchase: multi-colored fruity popcorn. Delicious! (At least to the kids.....)